Saturday, July 21, 2007

1.11 - 6 down, and a midnight party...

Bring out the NERDS!

Last night Petra and I went to the midnight release party for Harry Potter, book 7. I wasn't real stoked about standing in line for hours and hours in the middle of the night, but Petra convinced me to give it a whirl. Our timing couldn't have been more perfect.

We opened the doors and, I kid you not, the lady over the loud-speaker said "Okay! 10-9-8-7..." It was like they were waiting for us.

There were gobs of people. (The cars filled four parking lots! That little square of light is the store in the distance.) We walked into Barnes and Noble to find it packed with capes and pointy hats. I almost said "Let's just come tomorrow, we'll be here forever," but instead went over the to desk to sign in. There were two types of wristbands, yellow and blue, which were labeled A-Z. They were starting with yellow A's. I gave my name to the lady, she found me on the list and went to grab a section of blue S bands, when (magically??) some papers shifted and there were about 4 or 5 yellow I's, just sitting there. "Huh! Lucky you!," she said.

We were in like Flinn. By 12:30 I had my book and we were on our way home, with literally hundreds of people (who had been there for hours, by the looks of it) still in line behind us.

Don't feel too bad for them though. Everyone seemed like they had been having a blast hanging out, getting all hopped up on Starbucks!
On the way home, we almost got into an accident, and I swear to you it was because no these two cars both had drivers trying to seek a read at the books in there laps... I wonder how many wrecks there were last night because people were trying to read Harry Potter on the way home!

So I woke up this morning and polished off the last few pages of Book 6! On to the end!

No comments: