Wednesday, July 11, 2007

1.9 - 5 Down

Another one bites the dust!

I finished book 5, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, yesterday morning, and moved immediately on to book 6, Half-Blood Prince, which Petra kindly picked up for me at Auntie's. (Leaving us with an all-time low of $0.19 in trade-in credit. Seriously.) Which means...

I am officially going to make it! I wasn't sure for a while there at the beginning. It seemed like a daunting task, but I've had some free nights here and there, so it looks like I should easily finish the first six books by July 21, when book 7, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows hits shelves. (Which makes up for my aforebemoaned Potterless decade, and makes me a registered Harry Potter bad-ass.)

While I'm on this note, I need to lay out a brief mea culpa. This blog was not intended to be a Harry Potter blog, and I know I've been heavy on the Potter Posts. I just really wanted to finish the first 6 before number 7, so that I would be in no (zero, zip, nada) danger of hearing something about how the whole series wraps up, and doing so has left little free time to spare.

Once this Thing is wrapped however, I'll be spreading the 5things love a bit more evenly. Promise.

2 comments:

Joel said...

You're really cleaning house with those books! So tell me, is it too late for me start at the beginning and read them all before July 21? :)

Lu said...

So, we were listening to Book 5 (huzzah Stephen Fry, best audio-book reader evaaaar, tied with Tim Curry) on our way to the Pasco airport, and a fabulous wand joke came up, and I totally busted up because all I could hear in my head was your voice saying, "Oh, maaaaan." I am sorry to report that I did not write it down and do not now remember what it was.

And it wasn't a particularly funny moment, otherwise, so my husband now thinks I am even more insane. So thanks for that...